Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

Funny thing about Krispy Kremes.  In good old Bowling Green, KY, land of a
thousand restaurants (mostly huge chains), we had three doughnut shops.  We
had a Krispy Creme, a Great American Donut Company, and a Dixie Cream donut
shop.  The Great American Donut Co. is a college favorite, because it is open
twenty-four hours a day and the family that owns it is really sweet and kind.
The Dixie Cream shop is horrible, but is really close to WKU's campus, so they
get a lot of big business from our cafeteria.  When Krispy Creme came, it was
a huge phenomena, and everyone bought dozens.  But, in an unlikely occurrence,
the small independent stores quickly put the big bad chain out of business.  I
just think that is wonderfully unique in this day and age...But I also thinks
it says something about the quality of their doughnuts, which I think is
horribly under par.  And the machinery in the background sort of dehumanizes
the doughnut eating experience...

Enough of my rambling...
Lindsey