Re: RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #804

>>jg says:
>>>Amy Joy   (there used to be donut shops named Amy Joy.
>>
>>must be local--all we had in northern indiana was dunkin' donuts.
>>thank god
>>(all of them) for krispy kreme in cincinnati!
>>

>Do any of you Hoosiers remember Sapp's Donuts?  Their headquarters and
>main bakery used to be in Columbus.  Apparently, they left there shortly
>after I moved away.  Best donuts in the world!

Kelvin, my brutha, I'm right there with you on this one.  Sapp's ruled the donut
universe until they mysteriously disappeared many moons ago.  Just recently,
I was shopping my way through the local O'Malia's when I spotted a small
display stand containing packages of Sapp's glazed donuts.  After my shock
wore off, I bought one to try, wondering if they were the same.  Unfortunately,
the Sapp's I found were merely a former shell of what that once mighty and
proud marque used to be.  Upon inspection of the packaging, some Kansas
City company has apparently bought the name and packaging likeness rights
in order to cash in on our fond donut memories.

Recently, I'd been fond of Roselyn's Bakeries until the Marion Co. Health Dept.
found unmentionable remains and such from the insect and rodent worlds around
the food preparation areas of thier main bakery.  They've since regretably
gone under.

later,
AaronB

     (yearning for a dozen (old-style) Sapp's glazed, a Mason's root beer
     and fries from Clancy's..........)

np:  Gay Dad - Leisure Noise

Kelvin
Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.