Re: RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #804

----- Original Message -----
From: Amy Joy Eversole <amy_smiley at hotmail_com>
To: <chris.emery at ecoutlook_com>; <trance at radiks_net>;
<over-the-rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 7:41 PM
Subject: RE: RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #804

> little ol' me:
> um, i think this is all fascinating, and there are so many thoughts
whirling
> around in my head. ;)  but since i'm the new girl, can anyone tell me if
we
> have any preset rules to guide all of this god-talk?  thanks!

rules concerning god

rule #1:  you may not put your hand(s) on god or impede the progress of god
in anyway after 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage

rule #2:  you may not hit god leading with your helmet or purposely aim for
the head of god.

rule #3:  when you attempt to block  god while on defense,  your body must
not be moving at the moment of impact.

rule #4:  illegal use hands to the face of god is strictly prohibited.

rule #5:  you may not pick up god and travel with him/her for more than
three steps.

rule #6:  you may body check god but be prepared to defend yourself
afterwards against the wrath of god.

rule #7:   you may not go beyond god (of the opposite side) if the ball/puck
is still behind you.

rule #8:  you must throw the ball to an eligible god if you are still within
the pocket (i.e. between the tackles)

rule #9:  you may not purposely throw at god (i.e. in retaliation),  such
act will also result in the wrath of god.

rule #10:  Casey's rule--soccer rules do not apply to god, it is not a
sport.

rule #11:  you may not grab onto any parts of god while attempting to block.

rule #12:  tennis rules also do not apply to god, for it is also not a
sport, it is playing ping-pong while standing on the table. (per George
Carlin)

rule #13:  there shall be no more than 11 gods on the field of play once the
play has started, but you must allow time for proper god substitution by the
opposite team.

rule #14:  you may not cause god to cross two blue lines without being
touched.

Follow-Ups: References: