Re: must purge

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:18:11 PDT "Amy Joy Eversole"
<amy_smiley at hotmail_com> writes:

>is it a loss of innocence, or a loss of the childlike trust that God
>really
>does want to push our "joy button" (that, in fact, he actually created
>our
>individual, deep responses of joy), or are they the same thing?  you
>may
>never regain that dilly bar, brady bunch innocence, but is the joy
>there?

Well, good questions...I believe that, originally, the dreams were about
lost innocence, but they have probably taken on a second meaning in the
past years.  Besides, I really don't get too hung up on the innocence
thing.  (I believe God restores that on a daily basis.)  It is quite true
that circumstances over the past year or so have made it sometimes quite
difficult to believe that God does want to push the "joy button."
Difficult, but not impossible.  There are indeed moments of joy -
listening to Jeff Buckley (oh how his pain brings me joy), beating a
formidable opponent in ping-pong, discussing life, love and God with high
school guys and realizing that I am having an impact on their lives...oh
yes, there is joy.  But is it prevailing?  Maybe not, but God is who He
says He is.

"Life is bigger
Is bigger than you
And You are not me..."

Kelvin

Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.