Re: bink @ brady's

--- "GLASSFORD,JOHN" <jglassford at neo_rr.com> wrote:
> hi.

> i just wanted to chime in here and say that bink's
> show was even better than
> the last time he played here.

Thanks! It was a lot more fun and off the cuff than
last time, although I was hoping that since I now have
a bigger car to store more breakfast cereal in... I
missed ya, Nikkers.

> he's a really enjoyable guy with a great
> sense of humour and the ability to launch into
> highly impromptu playing/singing when "forced"
> to by  highly cute audience members with flatware!

LOL! That was too fun. And I didn't even plant her in
the audience! But remember kids, don't try this at
home... You know, what I should've turned that
impromptu song into was a rendition of "Blue Spoon."

> anyway, it was fun and yippeee!  i get to re-live it
> again in October!

Trust me, it's gonna kick ass! Tell Anne to come to
this show!

> bink's turnout was small because he was right up
> against the Kent State Folk
> Festival  probably just blocks away

Maybe I'll play at the Folk Festival next year, eh?

> "i'm there for you, bink!!"

:{)}

> but he won ppl to his side when Billy Bragg fan
> chicks came in and digged
> him,  so that was cool to see.   it's not just  "us"

And she was CUTE, too! She bought a CD and said that
she wanted to bring her brother and come back for the
October show! WOOHOO! Unfortunately, Bonny was
insistant about taking care of the money thing while I
was trying to wrap up a converation with that woman,
so I wasn't able to get a mailing address or
anything...

> so, how was the dancing?

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Man, that just *made* the evening. I
have so many stories I could tell! HA! It's fun
getting to know listies. I tell you, I still can't
believe how much dancing I did! The rum and cokes
probably helped a little... We got home at 5am...

Ah, the stories I could tell.... I'm looking forward
to October 23.... Maybe we'll get a bunch of people to
go dancing then! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!!

> i was trying
> out my  brand new friff store  $1.75 camera... so
~if they turn out~  we may have pix to share with
fellow losties.

YAY!

>   you'll have to stay
> tuned,  but you were gonna do that anyway,  weren't
> you?   (i want off this
> list now,  dammit!")

> and that's a big IF,  i guess.

my IF is bigger than yours! Hey, next time make sure
DB comes! Get a baby sitter for Ian if you have to!

I thought of you and Monica on the way home. I passed
a big 18 wheeler that said "Doctor Smith" on the back
of it. (Pretty, pretty Doctor Smiiiith!)

bink