Re: Nice quote!

scott wrote:
>Weston, your email sig:
>"the problem with self-discovery is that all too often one discovers one's
>self" -nick holovaty
>
>...reminds me of a lyric from Daniel Amos:
>"Shed the light on,
>Shed the light on me.
>Oh, no! Who is that?
>Oh no it's me...."

this little discussion brings to the surface an issue i've struggled with
for awhile:  self-discovery is healthy and necessary.  in fact, i would dare
to say that a lot of linford's writing has to do with self-discovery.
(that's my attempt to keep the topic relevant!)  but how do we keep it from
slipping into self-absorption and self-centeredness, which i would guess
most of us believe is pretty unhealthy...?  just a question that rises to
the forefront of my weary, sunday night mind...  thoughts, anyone?

for what it's worth,
amy joy