Brian and Linford

Regarding all the Brian stuff:

There is one possibility which no one has yet addressed, and I
think it's important.  No one has yet addressed the possibility
that Brian and Linford are both extraterrestial beings who were
exiled to this planet for the sole purpose of battling one another
for the eternal love of Karin.  It is possible that on the planet
Groovenus, battle is not conducted with blunt weapons, but rather
with elements of music.  Every perfectly timed note or beat weakens
the life-force of the opponent.  (If you ask me, Brian was outgunned
from the beginning. Drums are loud and aggressive, but Linford had
the power of numbers: he plays TWO instruments: bass and piano)

This is why Brian's departure was announced several years ago: Karin had
agreed to marry Linford.  But (and I'm just speculating here) after a
little thought, our tenacious Brian decided to give it one more go.  At
this point, however, it was too late.  Linford clinched his victory by
ommitting drums from most of the newer songs (see GDBD), and beefing
up the piano stuff - he now had four or five blows to counter every one
of Brian's perfectly-timed attacks.

With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that Brian
has disappeared, literally, off the face of the earth.  I can only imagine
that he has returned to Groovenus to find a new bride.  The next step, of
course, is the battle for domination of the entire planet Earth, which as
far as I can tell is shaping up to be a showdown between Monk and OtR.

Possibly.

Paul Christian Glenn      |  "Besides being complicated,
trance at radiks_net         |  reality, in my experience,
http://x-real.firinn.org  |  is usually odd."  -C.S. Lewis

Currently Reading: "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare