Re: hating the piano and everything that comes with it

i said:

> > i agree because i don't think that the list was created for us to call
> anyone
>  > names, and i do believe that, although we do have the right to do so,

to which the lovely amy romania states:

>  Why *do* we have the right to do so? I don't think we do. IT's not right
for
>  anyone to call anyone names...

darling, i didn't say it was right.  i said we *had* the right.  there is a
difference.

and as for not being a musician and that's why you don't criticize the band...

let's distiguish this first.  there is criticism, and there is constructive
criticism.  there's, "gee, i don't like this new sound" and "gee, i think
this new sound would sound slightly better if terri did some more harmonies.
could you try that on this particular song?"  this list is well versed in
criticism, both kinds.

so, if you think that something might sound better, or that it might be a
good experiment, let us know!  maybe some of us agree with you, but haven't
found the time to put it into words.

as the famous quote goes (although i cannot remember who said it...ysoie, can
you help me out?):

"i don't know what art is, but i know what i like."

and i think that most of us can live by that rule.  i enjoy over the rhine in
two fashions...one as the musician and one as the eager bystander.  i think
the eager bystander is more free to step aside and appreciate for what is
there, not for what she thinks should be there.

just some thoughts.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka