Re: Everything

At 9/21/99 11:21:00 AM, you wrote:

>First of all- I don't think anyone should take it
>personally what someone else calls Linford...

Except, perhaps, Linford himself.  I'm under the impression
that Linford occasionally reads bits and pieces of the list,
and I guess I just don't understand why some posters don't
use the same common courtesy that they would when speaking
to someone in person (yes, I know, some people *are* block
headed enough to be rude to others in person, but I'm
assuming that most people on the list are not morons).

Sure, this is an OtR *discussion* list, and, yes, any
band member reading the list should expect that ideas and
opinions will be debated, sometimes heatedly.  But it really
is unfortunate when the discussion degenerates into name-calling.
Not only is it unproductive, it's childish and silly.  I'm not
calling for a "rule* or anything (I'm all for free speech), I
just think that such things say more about the poster than they
do about the person they're "insulting".

Ultimately, this *is* Linford's band, and he needs to do with it
as he sees fit.  If he wants to fire everyone, including his wife,
and turn it into a one-man, spoken-word act, he's got every right
to do so.  You and I may not like it, but that doesn't make Linford
an "asswipe" or anything else (except, perhaps, just another guy
who's trying to build a career).

Breathe easy, all.  :)

Paul Christian Glenn      |  "Besides being complicated,
trance at radiks_net         |  reality, in my experience,
http://x-real.firinn.org  |  is usually odd."  -C.S. Lewis

Currently Reading: "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare