RE: OtR @ Sharon Woods

>In a message dated 9/20/99 9:29:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marquis at icx_net
>writes:

><< Okay, but am I the only one who notices that Ric is *imitating* Karin's
 >vocals on this song?  To me that is not better.

To that I'll have to say "Horseshit"...  the only way Ric can imitate Karin is
if someone goes up to him and gives him a swift kick to the balls.  And the
style and tempo of the two versions are completely different.  OtR's version is
faster and a little too happy to suit my taste.  The song is about making
difficult choices and should be played with a certain sense of melancholy and
regret which Ric does quite well in his version.

>Thank you M for seeing it my way. I think Karin's vocals make it better in my
>opinion. I guess now I know why I dont usually post to the board because when
>someone seems to give their opinion they get chastized. Sorry if I spoke my
>opinion. I guess I wont do it anymore.

Whatever floats your boat, post or not post, I care not...Some of us just like
to play Devil's advocate sometimes to see if you are strong enough in your
convictions to defend your opinion.  If you are not willing or are too
sensitive to defend yourself, then you are easy meat, and might as well just
paint a bull's eye on your forehead and stop posting.

Kyle