Re: Jack & Patience

>Yes, Karin's voice
>is layered, and somewhat delayed, but is there anything that can make
>her sound bad?  I think not.

But is it needed? GDBD has strong instantly recognisable melodies rather
than several competing for your attention.

>I really enjoy the multi layering effect.

It leaves you digging too deep to find the melody. Compare live and CD
versions of 'Circle of Quiet'.
And the

>guitars are *all* Ric.  I have no idea what you mean by saying he's
>off.  could you explain?

I meant it was too low in the mix. Compared with with TWHF it has such a low
presence.

>(about jack)
>>  His playing is off the cuff, brash, unpredicatble and damn excellent.

>That's the way I see it--or maybe it's Jack's choice. I
>don't know, but I bet the day he starts playing off the cuff, brash and
>unpredictably is the day he gets his walking papers.

What? Check out live tapes from 1997. Especially versions of 'Jacks
Valentine'.
>> is this a touch of the old "another amazing guitarist on the list just
>> waiting to be discovered and pick up where Rich left off"?

>I don't remember *any*--and I do believe I've been on this list since
>before you subscribed the first time, chap...

Really? Check archive No1. at:
http://www.actwin.com/MediaNation/OtR/
I left the 5th ever message on this thing (chap!) I get sick of people
slating Jack's playing and saying all you need is a whammy bar and you've
got the gig, its rubbish.

>Let's all hope and pray that Brian comes back again--or that he at least
>joins another band that will allow us to enjoy his gift a little longer.

Absolutely. I just don't understand how someone who has played a pivital
role in breathing life into K & L's songs and getting them to where they are
now can be cast aside.

Theres probably enough ex-otr members out there to form a band now.

Ed