Re: no more brian.

hi.

> On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:53:11 -0400 DustyVolume <marquis at icx_net> writes:
> >Remember when Ric was in the band?

i ~think~ i ~may~ have seen Ric play the first time i saw OtR,  but he was
gone by the 2nd,  and i may never have seen him with OtR.   (i have such a
lousy memory!)

 Remember then we had this list
> >and
> >there were great posts like "What's the meaning of Jacksie?"

i remember some great posts and great questions similar to this one.

> >Remember Molly Smith who went on to marry Linford's brother.

no.

> >Remember
> >her posts on the furies and eumenidies?

no, again.

> >Remember when you could start a post like "what makes otr, otr?"

i remember some of these, yes.

> >Remember when lots of listees went to a show and then went back to
> >their
> >respective homes to flood this space with literally hundreds of
> >messages
> >about the concert--some of them at 4am before the even went to bed
> >because they wanted to be the first to post the setlist?

yes,  i remember this.  this was fun.

> >Remember jg's fabulous reviews?

why doesn't jg do his "fabulous reviews"  (thank you)  anymore?  i remember
them pretty well.

> >Remember how you'd hang around after a show to talk to the band
> >members
> >and you'd have to stand and wait for like 30 minutes to an hour?

hey, i just did that!   and terri and jack and dave and jeff bird were
hiding in the dressing room or driving home or who-knows-what.  and the last
time i saw them in Cleveland  the only one who came out at all post-show was
Linford,  until finally nearly everyone went home and then Brian and Jack
came out of hiding,  more for the load-out than anything else.    Never did
see Karin that night,  so  my then brand new ASW  is missing her signature.
Rats from hell!

> >Remember the first roundup where the dogs were running slipshod
> >through
> >that huge old Catholic cathedral?

no.

> >Remember when Shelly would instigate a conga line?

no.

> >Remember when Todd would set up the candles and coloured lights
> >around
> >the merch table and decorate with old O.T.R memorabilia?

yes,  and he still does that at the Monk shows,  except for the part of the
"OtR  memorabilia".     BTW, did you guys see Todd at Moonlight Gardens the
other night?   see?  he's ~not~  dead!

> >Remember when Ric left and tons and tons of fans filed up to stage
> >center and piled up roses?

no,  but that would be cool.

and then Kelvin summed it all up with the succint:

> Nope.

bye,

jg