Re: [thanks]--Fort Worth and the Day After

Kelvin T Bailey <kelvinbailey at juno_com> wrote:
>>I spent the evening with a
bunch of high school students whom I love more than life itself and then
came home to learn of the damnable destruction of more teenaged lives by
some satan-spawn in Texas.

Sorry, y'all--indulge me for a second here--I know that it seems that I don't
ever have anything worth commenting on to say, and this may be one of those
times.  It's just that things are a little weird here, in Dallas, today--and
well. . .

after an evening of watching hurricane floyd get more coverage on cnn than the
loss of 8 lives in another formally "safe" place we awoke to a morning of
hearing about it on the radio stations--except for one station that was
talking about penises on television (which actually seemed disrespectful)

the sky is dreary today--very cloudy, but they say the afternoon will be
bright

no one seems to be any more friendly than they were yesterday

they are filming a movie in my office today and they keep using the word
"shooting" although they don't mean what happened 20 miles away last night

. . . are we "desensitized--I must regretably say yes. . .