Re: Tori/Alanis question

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:53:52 -0400 Alfred B Johnson <hoopyfrood at juno_com>
writes:

>That said, Alanis is, at the very least, growing as a musician and
>writer.  And she hasn't produced anything that was teeth-shattering
>aweful.  **Warning: disclaimer**  She has had songs be **made**
>aweful, on the other hand, by supermegahowlingpleasegodhelpme
>over-playing.

Don't forget the
let's-totally-change-this-song-so-14-year-old-girls-will-like-it remixes.

>Among my personal rules: if I like a song, and I have the album, and
>it's new and frequently played, and it comes on the radio, I change
>the station.  Non carborendum illegitimi.  Or something like that.
>Don't let 'em kill your tunes, dude.

Dude, I totally agree.  That's why I hate when they get airplay at all.
I feel like I have to not listen to them on the radio so I can protect my
enjoyment of them when I do hear them.

How's-about Laura Love?  There's originality...

Just a though or two...
Kelvin