Re: [Re: Tori/Alanis question.]

Kelvin T Bailey <kelvinbailey at juno_com> wrote

ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS ALANIS<br>She is unique.  Not just what she sings
about either.  Her pharasing is<br>one of a kind.  Her lyrics
are...well...intriguing.  She uses phrases<br>like "very tumultuous time" and
"sexy treadmill capitalist" for Pete's<br>sake.  She is one of the few truly
original artists of the past couple<br>decades.

Did she actually start writing her own music?  I could have sworn her
producer, Greg or Gary or whatever wrote all of her music.

Yea--well Tori uses phrases like "formative years" and "it's kind of a shame
cause I did like that dress" (Tori fans can understand the significance of
that line) or what about the well-known "so you found a girl who thinks really
deep thoughts, what's so amazing about really deep thoughts, boy you best pray
that I bleed real soon, how's that thought for you?"

Does Alanis play?  Oh, yea, rhythum, just like every other singer--

a<br>bitter woman who seems to play the same note over and over and
usually<br>only sings against things.

Tori only sings against things?  It seems to me that Alanis made herself
famous by singing about how terrible things are, especially one particular
little boy--

Honestly, I used to be a Tori fan and there are some Alanis songs that I don't
mind--and I'm biased anyway because whenever Alanis is popular, people
constantly tell me that I look like her and I hate that--

I am not a big fan of either of them.  All I can say is neither one of their
new efforts are doing very well--and there musn't be too much rivalry between
them, they're touring together.

Besides, although I'm basically over Tori, she still has a few songs that will
be with me for the rest of my life.  Alanis=none.  Maybe therein lies the
answer.

Go listen to "Yes, Anastasia" and then you may have a different assesment of
Tori's talent.