our time in eden

hello, all...

just wanted to post a few words about last nights festivities in Eden park.

First, I looked for you, Bruce, but i couldn't find you. I also noticed that
Drew had signed the mailing list book about 3 spaces before me... were you
there last night too? anyhoo...

they played a pretty short set (only 6 songs, i think), which i was
expecting, but it was still worth the drive from columbus and back.

OtR members in attendance:
Karin
Linford
Jack
Terri
Jeff(?) somebody from Canada playing the mandolin & harmonica
no drums (d'oh!)
no bass

songs they played:
the seahorse
faithfull dangerous (the pulling wings off a butterfly version)
orphan girl (this song is great!)
all i need is everything
go down easy
circle of quiet

they played really well, although at times it seemed a bit chaotic (jack
throwing in a solo over linford's piano over jeff's mandolin over terri's
backing vocals, etc.) i don't know if this jeff character is going to be a
permanent addition to the band or not, but when he played harmonica on the
slower songs (orphan girl, go down easy) it sounded awesome!

but what i noticed even more was how relaxed and personable linford and
karin were onstage. linford talked with the audience a bit and even cracked
a few jokes. karin did as well. the really  seemed to be having a lot of
fun. it was great.

anyway, i think this fulfills my OtR content quota for a while. i envy those
of you that will be at the show tomorrow, but at least i got to see them
last night.

good day, all...
eric.

np - OtR | Flevo 97