Re: Salome

dantemm at erinet_com writes:

<< Just wondering if this name has *any* significance...

 It is used in one of OtR's songs off of Eve (can't remember right now), and
 VoL uses it in two of their songs (*maybe* WtStruggleville and Locust
 Years)...

 Anybody know if that's some sort of mythological/ urban legend/ whatever
 person of significance >>

Salome is the name of Herod's niece(?) who got schnookered by her mother into
asking for John the Baptist's head on a platter after dancing for Herod
during a really grand feast (it's grand unless you were J. the B.; in which
case you would be losing your head with disgust and shame...)

(puns aren't really my thing, i'm usually head and shoulders above them...of
course, maybe i'm getting ahead of myself...i slay me...)

tim