Re: Regarding Ysobelle's stand.

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:56:27 -0700 (PDT) Peter <feothan at yahoo_com>
writes:
>There's a little country in modern pop, blues and
>rag in rock, gospel in funk, and a little hip hop
>everywhere.  Besides, how would one cleanly and
>adequately categorize a band like OTR?  What can
>be accomplished by making the attempt is (again)
>a reflection of the place where the individual
>doing the categorizing stands more than anything.

While I would agree in limited instances (such as OTR) I must disagree
with this as a general rule.  Ricky Skaggs is bluegrass, Wil Smith is
rap/hip-hop, and B.B.King is blues - regardless of who is listening or
where they "stand."  I, myself, don't get too hung up on these
categories, except in those instances when I need them to help me despise
certain categories of pseudo-music.  Not that I'm a music snob or
anything...

>I love music.

ROCK ON BABY-BUBBA!