Re: @The Return of the Queen

hi, ysoie.
welcome back.

> Oh-- it raised one fascinating question in my mind. As anyone who reads
> "classic" folktales knows, most of the stories of ancient heroes such as
> Cuchulain or King Arthur or the like have definite ends, even if a return
> might be suggested. Cuchulain leaves Tir-na-nOg, and in touching the
earth,
> crumbles to dust. Arthur's body is taken back to Avalon by the Three
Queens,
> to return when Britain needs him most-- maybe. But what if someone writes
> thoughtful, well-done, modern addition to the the story? Does it--
_should_
> it-- become part of the folklore of that hero? And if so, how?

like if,  we had a perfectly good story about some nice space aliens
fighting for good against the insidious evil dark side,  and this had been
going on for 2 decades, a generation perhaps,  then suddenly we had to have
Jar Jar Binks foisted upon us?
~does it~  become part of the folklore?   yes.
~should it~  become part of the folklore?   it shoulda become part of the
cutting room floor.

IMO, as always.

jg

did i mention welcome back?   and congratulations on keeping your tan!
jg