Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #743

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:07:22 GMT "Jeff Holland" <jholland444 at hotmail_com>
writes:

>     I gotta agree with you about be mostly disinterested in new
>CCM these days (bought a total of 1 CD this entire year from my local
>"Christian store"), but I have to come to defense for one of my
>favorite
>bands.  Caedmon's Call is really good stuff, and they are one of the
>most
>sincere, hard-working bands out there today.  Great guys
>(and gal) and they've been putting out quality folk music long
>before it became stylish in the CCM market.
>
>     Sorry, you got me riled up.  :)

Didn't mean to get you riled up there.  Yeah, maybe CC is better than
most CCM bands (is that really saying a lot?)  but, at least for me, they
are still in that category of
"You're-a-Christian-so-you're-supposed-to-like-these-guys band. (Remember
Third Day...)  I really was bored by their cover of Rich
There'll-never-be-anyone-better Mullins' 'Hope To Carry On,' and if that
guys voice gets any more nasal, I'm gonna haveta sneeze!  However, as a
red-blooded Midwestern boy, I love the 40 Acres cd cover.
Just an opnion - please don't hate me.  (That's a joke.)