Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #743

>I got a pre-release of 'With Abandon' about three months before it was
>released and was totally amazed by its freshness.  So much crap is
>released that calls itself Christian "music"  that this one stuck out
>like a sore mullet.  I believe it and the Burlap to Cashmere cd's are the
>only original things to come out in the ccm market in the last 18 months.
>  I just knew that everyone else would love the Chasing Furies cd as much
>as I did so I stocked the shelves pretty well.  I think I've sold
>one...but Caedmon's Call flies out the door...What are these people
>thinking?  Oh well, that's why I come here.

     I gotta agree with you about be mostly disinterested in new
CCM these days (bought a total of 1 CD this entire year from my local
"Christian store"), but I have to come to defense for one of my favorite
bands.  Caedmon's Call is really good stuff, and they are one of the most
sincere, hard-working bands out there today.  Great guys
(and gal) and they've been putting out quality folk music long
before it became stylish in the CCM market.

     Sorry, you got me riled up.  :)

>Artist t-shirts are great ways to get the attention of other artists.  I
>was at a VOL show once with a friend who was immediately noticed by Bill
>Mallonee because she was wearing a Stinging Rain t-shirt.

     Bill rocks.  At Cornerstone, he started up a conversation with
_me_ (caught me totally by surprise) because he noticed I had a Georgia Tech
shirt on and wondered if I was from around his neck of the woods.

     Jeff

Visit the Over the Rhine History page at
http://members.tripod.com/JeffreyHolland/otrhine

Jeff Holland      JHolland444 at hotmail_com
http://members.tripod.com/JeffreyHolland