monk: zero; post office: one. (no otr.)

for this they raise the price of stamps?

today the real packaging for blink came in the mail.  however, it came with a
little twist.  one corner of the package was torn off.  okay, that happens
enough.  i wouldn't have minded had it not damaged the contents.  but in cd
mailers, there is no extra room should the post office decide to exert its
hideous strength.  i open the package and i find a nasty half-surprise: one
corner of the jewel case is (somewhat remarkably cleanly) snapped off.  quite
literally.  it's just gone.  i find this fairly impressive because it's
really not an easy thing to snap off just the corner of a jewel
case--especially as cleanly as it was.  the booklet has that corner slightly
defaced, and the same corner of the tray sheet is defaced a bit more.  the
damage to the case prevents it from being closed completely, and every time i
open it the tray tries to jump out at me.  the three intact corners of the
case prevent this, but it's still not particularly comforting.  this damage
does nothing to endear to me to the king-of-the-mountain postal service.  i
will soon pay a visit to the local post office.  hopefully this will be
cleared up somehow.

on the bright side, though, the packaging is indeed a work of art.  even with
the damage.

not very happy right now,
burrill.