Re: No OTR, But An Exciting Ride! You'll Laugh, You'll Cry...

>Anybody here heard/like Rufus Wainwright?  My
>cousin just got his cd and played it for me over
>the weekend.  I'm smitten.  Just curious if anyone
>else knows anything about him.

Well, lessee.  He's the son of Loudon Wainwright III, a well-known folk
singer (as well known as folk singers get nowadays...) and musical
humorist.  I've heard most of his debut cd and liked it very much.  I've
also seen about half of his opening set for Barenaked Ladies' tour last
year.  The acoustic guitar was up way too much and his voice was a bit
more nasal-ly live, but the songs and performances were good, otherwise.
I don't think I'd say I'm smitten, but he gets a definite recommendation.

later,
AaronB