RE: if i were a door, would you knock?

> if the sun is such a magic fellow, how come he's so damn hot?

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where Hydrogen is built into Helium
At temperatures of hundreds of degrees

The sun is hot
The sun is not
A place where we could live
But there'd be no life on earth
Without the light it gives

Or something to that effect.

> when does the wind fill a gaping chasm?  is there substance
> to autumn, or
> are my hopes in vain?

The substance of autumn is:
-stinging breezes and cold rain
-red, orange, yellow, and brown crunchy leaves on the trees and underfoot
-cinnamon and cardamom and nutmeg
-high school football played under lights on a friday night
-a box of old magazines in your grandparent's basement

> what is the exact point when calculated action, deliberated
> messiness, and
> exaggerated loneliness become habit?

Having a rough day, Weston?

> and why am i always full of questions, but still hungry?

We all are.   It's part of the curse of being human and questioning things.
Some are content to accept what's given them and never ask for further
information, but others can't do that.  They must constantly question
authority, information, faith, trust - anything and everything.

> and here i am expelling the demons to a faceless audience.

Usually the best kind of audience.

> i wish someone would paint a face on me.  red, blue, and
> green would be
> nice, but i'd settle for permanent marker.  maybe even the
> smelly kind...

Can I streak a little pink highlighter along the edge here?

> singing my songs for crickets and cigarette butts is taxing,
> but still
> better than no singing at all.
> if one embraces loneliness, can one still be lonely?

Moreso, I would venture.

> i guess so...

Buck up, kiddo.

--
Chris Emery
chris.emery at ecoutlook_com

NP: Faith No More _King For A Day/Fool For A Lifetime_