Re: rhapsodie

In a message dated 8/3/99 6:24:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Ysobelle at aol_com
writes:

<< I think the song as a whole is about accepting that loving someone doesn't
 obligate them to love you in return-- love in and of itself does not compel
 others to do our bidding slavishly. It's a hard lesson to learn, and it
ranks
 right up there with, "Life isn't always fair." (Or, relatedly, "Life _is_
 pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.") And
 sometimes all we're left with is the knowledge that we _can_ love, that we
 _can_ be strong in and of ourselves.

Yz, you're brilliant. And you're quoting the Princess Bride. I'm breathless.

Sam