my theory on early OtR re-release legal stuff.

Alfred hoopyfrood sez:
>  Otherwise, the Detweiler collective
>  can eventually get the music back, but there's actually some corporate
>  cat somewhere who they have to pay.  Am I wrong?  Does somebody know
>  more?  _Somebody_ knows more.  C'mon.  Say.

of course i know what's going on.

if i may quote part of the song _Stuart_ from the Dead Milkmen,
then add just a bit of my own theory, it'll all come clear ~

*ahem*

"I first became aware of this, about 10 years ago,
the summer my oldest boy Bill Jr. died.  You know
that carnival that comes to town every year?
Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer.
The man said "Keep your head and arms inside
the mixer at all times."  But Bill Jr., he was a daredevil,
just like his old man.  He was leaning out saying,
"Hey everybody, look at me, look at me".  POW!
He was decapitated.  They found his head over by
the snowcone concession.  A few days after that,
I open up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there,
from Pueblo, Colorado.  And it's addressed to Bill Jr.
And it's entitled,
"Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?"

Now Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large
U.S. city with a big underground homosexual population -
Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example.
Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.
You can't build on it, you can't grow anything in it.
The government says it's due to poor farming.
But I know what's really going on, Stuart.
I know it's the QUEERS! They're in it with the ALIENS!
They're building LANDING STRIPS for GAY MARTIANS!!!"

                      (begin my own words here:)

...and that's not even the BEGINNING of it! those landing
strips are only a cover-up for all those LAWYERS under there!
determined to not let us have the early OtR RE-ISSUES!!!
it's a conspiracy! an, and, they didn't even sell any of the old
cd's at last night's Cowboy Junkie's show!!!

see? that was easy.

edward jay

NP: They Might Be Giants - Istanbul not Constantinople.mp3

One has to look out for engineers- they begin with
sewing machines and end up with the atomic bomb.
-Marcel Pagnol (1895-1974), French dramatist, film director.
Critique des Critiques, ch. 3 (1949).
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ICQ #13819982   ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2