But is it *wrong*?

Quoth Mike Swiston:

>There is an implicit statement in my post, and in what several
>other people have written, that liking a certain work of art
>only because of its message and not because it's actually good,
>is Wrong.  Would anyone care to take issue with that?

I wouldn't say _Wrong_, necessarily.  But, now that you mention it, I do
think it is wrong for Christian record companies and radio stations to
seek out the bland instead of the excellent.  We Christians are not a
bland people and should not represent ourselves as such.

The question for me, is: Why would I want to listen to music I find under
par to get a message that I already know in a way that I already
expected?  Sometimes there's a place for simple songs.  I mean, praise
music is a good thing in its place.  But it should not stand in for
well-done music that takes on issues in new and complex ways that I did
not necessarily expect.

So, not wrong, but sad, to eat a diet of run-of-the-mill Christian songs.
 And possibly quite wrong to be the one producing a string of
run-of-the-mill Christian songs.

Fred