Re: they call this Christian?!?

I think when you call something "Christian", it automatically puts that
object/person in box, with which many people have preconceived notions,
usually bad.

Some people would consider Christian art as something that represents Christ
or Christianity in it, such as lyrics, words, pictures, etc.  Other people
might consider Christian art to be anything made, written, etc. by a
Christian.

I think that the distinction is up to the individual.  Being a Christian, I
would consider much of OTR's songs to be Christian because, to me, the
lyrics are very poignant and have a strong Christian message.  But that is
just what I get out of them.  Someone else might get something else.

A similar question to this is what is Alternative music now?  A few years
ago, a lot of the music that is now popular was considered Alternative.  I
would probably consider the music that some of you listen to Alternative and
vice versa.  It all depends on your own point of view.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is why do we have to label music?  Why
can't we just call it music, or art.  Does it have to be a specific type?
Don't most people think that labeling others is wrong?  At least thats the
idea I get from society nowadays.

Just the view from my little corner of the world.

Andy