Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #708

In a message dated 7/22/99 9:59:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rick at dajnet_com
writes:

<< And there's also nothing
 wrong with a band labeling themselves as Christian so that those whom the
 music is geared toward are able to easily find it. >>

and there's nothing wrong with a band labeling themselves Christian so that
those who don't want to hear the message don't get foolishly sucked in...

like i did once...

there is nothing worse than getting beaten over the head with lyrics similar
to "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" (I mean, who doesn't love The
Doxology, but still) when you thought you'd get a nice earful of "this world
is going to hell and i'm holding the door".

Does that make sense?  I mean simply this:  if your views are going to be
expounded blatantly through your chosen genre, then label the damn thing.  If
your views are going to have no effect (positive or negative) then keep the
label off and let us all drift around in this blissful haze we call enjoying
"things".

my opinion, and i'm sticking to it....

tim