Re: I may be clueless, but at least I'm eclectic

>From: Joshua Neds-Fox <jnedsfox at moody_edu>

>To: Alfred B Johnson <hoopyfrood at juno_com>, Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com

> >2)  The third album rule.  The quality of a band's third album is an
> >indicator of their potential longevity.  This isn't always true.  But
> >there's some notable examples.  On the "this band's got some life in
> >them" side, there's OtR's Eve (of course), U2's War, Radiohead's OK
> >Computer.
>
>This sounds like a game, reminiscent of some others we've played.  Anyone
>up for it?

Always!

>Bruce Springsteen's third album:  Born To Run
>Talking Heads' third album:  Fear of Music
>Blur's Third album:  Parklife
>
>What was VU's third?  White Light/White Heat?

According to the All Music Guide, Loaded is the 3rd.

Yes: The Yes Album
Steve Hackett: Spectral Mornings
Genesis: Nursery Cryme
Matthew Sweet: Altered Beast (IIRC)

Hey, this is FUN!

Peter Gabriel: Peter Gabriel (melting face)
Big Head Todd & The Monsters: Sister Sweetly
Frank Zappa: Lumpy Gravy
Pink Floyd: Ummagumma
Beastie Boys: Check Your Head
Tori Amos: Boys For Pele

I assume we're talking major label full albums, right?  ;-)

Was the third Beatles album Please Please Me or With The Beatles?

And...the greatest third album of all time...

<drum roll>

Queen _Sheer Heart Attack_

Chris
--
np: that Weird Al American Pie Star Wars thingy