Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

Nice post Otherone.  Call me Perry Farrell, but:

FIRST AMENDMENT
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That's not copywritten, I can post that.

Flag burning (to me) is addressed up there.  It seems quite idiotic if a
flag burning amendment is passed (which it won't, by the way, in the senate.
  It hasn't passed the last two times either).  You may not agree with the
flag burner, but that's part of why our country is so damn great:  you don't
have to agree, we can all think independently.  That and we've got Hancock
Tower and soon to have the world's largest indoor S&M theme park.

There's other things we can fix before fixing the flag burners.  How about
letting us vote directly for a president, instead of that whacked-out
electoral college idea?  What goofball framer thought that up?

Bruce