Re: trepidation

>I'm also a huge fan of the Violet Burning, but I haven't heard anything
>after "Strength".  I heard the band made changes and it wasn't the same
>anymore.  Maybe I should have risked the disappointment. How do their
>newer albums compare.  Is the attitude and focus still the same as
>"Chosen" and "Strength"?
>
>Joseph

well, comparisons are tough.  present still are mike pritzl's passionate
vocals, but the overall mix is much...noisier.  gone are the unabashed(and
beautiful) praise songs.  instead, the praise comes in a more subtle,
realistic, even doubting, tone.  mike says what we feel but are afraid to
admit we feel.  at least that's my take on it.  you should read the
"biorythms" page on the website (www.thevioletburning.com).  there're more
details there.  but i would definitely recommend hunting down the
self-titled cd at a bargain bin near you, and ordering the new record.  you
won't be sorry.                               -weston

np: black lab-your body above me