Re:Spins

I'm mostly lurking around here.
Anyways, here's what's been turning lately in my home (mostly for the
reason that I just acquired them)

Van Morrison - Common one (one of the rarer VM records, but great stuff),
Moondance
Vigilantes of Love - Driving the Nails, Killing floor
Phil Keaggy - Blue (wonderful version of 'Baby Blue')
Danny Gatton - 88 Elmira Street (THE best telecaster player bar none,
unbelievable and great fun, too)
Eliades Ochoa - Sublime Ilusion (Long live Cuba!)
Jim Hall & Pat Metheny - s/t
Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner (playing because this is the only thing
which comes close to see Tom in concert one of these days)
Chet Baker - Chet
Tonio K. - Ole  (I got this 'cause I like Tonio K., T-Bone Burnett and Marc
Ribot - all 3 of them were involved in this one)
Holly Cole - It happened one night
Iona - Journey into the morn
77's - Sevens.mp3 (The new 77's single available from www.mp3.com - well, I
guess this hasn't been 'spinning'...)

BTW, recently I saw that jazz guitarist Bill Frisell has a new record,
called 'Good dog, happy man'. Has anybody seen this? Besides the
similarities in the title, the cover (and back) photos look amazingly
similar to GDBD. Did anybody else notice this, too?

Back to lurking,

Carsten

                Carsten Steins

Seminar fuer Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft
         Heinrich-Heine-Universität
                    Düsseldorf
                     Germany

      steins at phil-fak_uni-duesseldorf.de