Re: @ Either dead or alive, driving I-75.

Dear sweet Broocey sez:

> I have some questions, there may be some dumb ones ('cos there ARE such
> things; people that say otherwise are usually dim).

Hmm.  I say otherwise, and no one's called me 'dim' for quite a while
(to my face, anywho).  Comes from having to teach undergrads who'd
rather not be in your classroom on sunny spring afternoons, I suppose.
They tend to get a bit offended if you laugh at their questions.

> What exactly are Cowboy Junkies pushing this summer?  Do they have a new CD
> already, or are they pushing the "Miles from our Home" one still?

Far as I know, they're still touring in support of "Miles".  As to
what they're pushing--for their sakes, I hope it's not the tour bus.

> What "artificial and natural flavor" do we think is in Dr. Pepper to make it
> so rancid?  And what possesses me to try it almost annually, just to be
> horrified that such a product is available for consumption in
> industrialized, free nations?

I'm not touching this.  I don't care *how* long of a pole I have.

> What are we all listening to lately?  Me:

the new (and some old) Tom Waits
    *I would be working on a cover of "Hold on", except that I
     still can't make it through the last verse.  Something
     about the words here just stops my voice.  (sighs)
lots of OtR
    *still trying to decide what cover I want to do.  I know I've
     said "Jacksie" but it's so hard to commit to just one song...
an old Counting Crows boot on tape in my truck
the Pogues (with Mr. McGowan, of course)
various and sundry local artists

Okay, back to work.
Raven