Re: In the Garden (hymn)

My apologies to you, Emily, for trying to be cute without explaining the
whole story.  I grew up hearing this hymn, and your seriousness has led me to
dig out the old hymnbook... There was this preacher who would come to our
church about once a year and he told the story of the first wedding that he
performed.  Everyone was very nervous and to the dismay of the groom, the
bride didn't show up for about an hour.  The tension in the air drove the
preacher to go ahead with the arrangements, hoping that the bride would soon
arrive.  The special song chosen for the wedding was, "In the Garden."  To
his embarrasment (and the groom's), the first words were, "I come to the
garden alone..."

On a more sober note, this song is (as Emily has so graciously explained in
spite of my inappropriate humor) an invitation to walk with Jesus Christ.

3rd verse

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Tho' the night around me be falling
But He bids me go
Thro' the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling

	...and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.

ps: thanks, Emily, for correcting the title for me. :-)