Re: In the Garden (hymn)

Forgot to post this earlier:

Joyluvzu  wrote:

>>I vaguely remember OtR playing this in Nashville, but these words >>are to the hymn,  "I Come to The Garden Alone".  Not a comforting >>song when the groom discovers that his bride is not showing up.  :-)
The hymn is called "In the Garden" and it was written by C. Austin Miles.  It is a beautiful hymn about Christ and the personal relationship we can have with Him.   Some have argued the theology of it imperfect, nevertheless, it has some great imagery.

Just to clarify, the hymn has nothing to do with a groom or a bride.  The only persons mentioned in it are Christ and the first person figure.

Some of the lyrics are:

(1st stanza)
"I come to the garden alone,
WQhile the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear,
Falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses."

(2nd stanza)
"He speaks,
and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody
That He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing."

 (Refrain)
"And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
none other has ever known."

Emily

Apologies to Joyluvzu for sending this message to you earlier in its unfinished (draft) version.  Oops.