Re: tribute cd title

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> I think I like some of M. Neds-Fox's titles the best so far. I'm not big on
> the Improvised by Toddlers thang cos I'm not a toddler. Yeah, I know I'm
> being too literal and I should lighten up. Oh well. I did think "The Cadences
> We Hear" is a nice idea-- but I think we'll know after we hear it what it
> should go into the world as.

I again state that if we wait till all the songs are done perfect so people can
hear it then you are going to be waiting a long time still to send it out becuase
graphics take awhile. I don't care what the title is. my point is it needs to be
short. I mean you can't have a three line title. if it is going to be on the
front of a CD and t hree lines there will be no graphics. think about the names
to the OtR albums. the longest was the darkest night of the year. then you have
good dog  bad dog, eve, patience, do you see where I am heading. even having
something s hort and tagging on "a tribute to Over the Rhine" makes any title
long. obviously that will need to be there. but please keep it short.

> I have only one request as far as the liner notes, credits, track listings,
> etc. goes: can I PLEASE give it the once-over before it goes to print?

I don't give a rip. ;-) In a nice way of course. the only thing is it will be
sent to whoever via internet. so Bruce will be taking that I assume. and then
it's in that hands I suppose for minor changes.

> the biggest stickler I know for proper format in print, and if this goes out
> with one improper "it's" or a plural made with an apostrophe and an "s", I'll
> scream.

believe it or not (judging from my emails) I am a stickler for it as well.... I
just type these messages fast and don't go back over with a fine toothed comb...

Amy