Catharsis and the Humdrum

I mentioned this in passing before, but I think I'll do it again.  Cos
I'm ver' serious.

Catharsis and the Humdrum is a really surprising, interesting, *good*
midwestern band.  (Actually, I expect 'em to be an east coast band by the
end of the year).  All I can say is great, wonderful song writing,
perfectly pop but also perfectly punk, and not in a Green Day way at all.
 Radiohead and Eurythmics come to mind, maybe, as bands to compare with.
(But comparisons are always unkind to both the original and the compared,
I think).  **Beautiful** songs.  (And they know and love OtR's music,
too, for the record.)

Anyway . . . all you Cinci cats on the list can see them at Sudsy
Malone's on the twelth (Saturday).  Starting at 8:00 maybe?  You should
call.  I assume they're opening for somebody, but this is all the info I
have.  But go.  Do go.  Really, you must.  It'll make your weekend,
unless something goes horribly, horribly wrong in the world of Catharsis.

Must go,

Fred

np: Prayer Chain--Mercury