@ another DCD fan, another one in the know (was Re: tribute cdtitle)

Chris the soundchaser is listening to:
> np: Dead Can Dance _The Serpent's Egg_
>
>  Which, BTW, I bought the eponymous DCD album (1984),
>  and when I got home, it
>  had the CD for _The Serpent's Egg_ in it.

(eyes wide - slow, broad smile)

you're even cooler than i'd thought, Chris.

both of them are transcendent listening experiences.
don't know if you've heard the DCD album yet,
the one you _should_ have gotten in that case,
but it's somewhat more rock-ish, earned them
some of the "goth" title that they eschewed and
threw completely out the cosmos later.
it's the only of the earlier DCD albums with
some drum/bass/guitar arrangements.

...but then there are those songs that defy
time or nation or genre. the timeless songs.

and that's how 4AD started putting out celestial music...

(mmm. remembering how much i love their music)
after my nearly ten years of revering them as my
favorite musical entity regardless of time or location,
i think they're still up there. yum.
they're no more as a team, but Lisa's solo music is
nothing less than perfect - do you have _Duality_?

ok, i'll save my DCD gushing,
the Cranes cd spinning is gonna get jealous here.

glad you like them Chris, i'd forgotten you did,

jay

NP: Cranes - _EP Collection Volumes 1 & 2_

Severance...
the birds of leaving call to us
yet here we stand
endowed with the fear of flight

Overland...
the winds of change consume the land
while we remain
in the shadow of summers now past

When all the leaves have fallen
and turned to dust
will we remain
entrenched within our ways?

Indifference...
the plague what moves throughout this land
Omen signs
in the shapes of things to come.

Brendan Perry - Dead Can Dance - Serpent's Egg - Severance
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2