Re: and i always knew that murder could be good. (OtR tribute tahlke)

From: Jaharnish2 at aol_com
>does the fact that we call creators of ideas "artists",
>or "engineers", or whathaveyou, really change much?

Nope.

>what we must look at here is MOTIVE.

If Prof. Plum did it in the Billiard Room with the lead pipe, why does
motive *matter*?

>why does Chris Emery program?

I'm sure my mother asks herself that every day.

>probably for the wage it brings him, and probably
>because it's in his person to do it, and do it well.

and not necessarily in that order.  Don't ever tell my boss, but I'd
probably code for free, just because it's so much fun.  Remind me to send
you my magic 8-ball program someday.

>would any of us do it for free?
>
>....would we really?

If I had a job at UPS hauling boxes around, I'd still program for fun.  Does
that count?  The fact that I get paid for doing something I love to do just
makes me one of the lucky ones.

>LET THE PERVERSION OF SONGS BEGIN!!!

Amen!  Time to put together a prog-ified version of 'Birds'.  Anyone have
access to a mini-moog?

>your comrade and co-conspirator,
>
>jay

I love you, man!