thoughts after the coffee

regarding "cold coffee mutterings":
     the post was originally drafted April 26, while

     we were bantering and debating the new changes in

     OtR.  or more of the same changes.

Linford had announced the release of the albums, and
also rambled some about the record industry, the
preservation of art.

the rumours and words started pelting about a
departing Brian, a flying Terri and we all were
buzzing and this post was a chickened attempt to get
my personal thought on all these subjects and other
sprouncing through my brain.  I do not think I sent
it.

in other words, it is not intented to have immediate
connections with the tribute album.

my personal thoughts on covering Over the Rhine?
   well, first off, I'd say I love singing these poems
and wonderings constantly, and the idea of making my
everyday vocal pasttime something a little more
solid--just once, is a happy notion.  the endeavor
would be interesting.

then we get to the matter of rights.  art.  plagerism.
 the matter of repeating what's already said.  and
such.  and so.

hell, if Linford and Karin give permission, why not?

but from an artistic standpoint...
    depending on how one chooses to cover, it could be
creatively pretty astounding.  I hear murmers of ideas
and I think there could be some good morphings of
these words that have inspired us for so long with a
little bit of our own beatings and soarings.  groovy
in my book.  I kinda take it on the same level as
poetry recitation or oral interpretation.

back to my corner,
lynz.