Re: good reads, modesty

marie...

first off, one small point of clarification: flannery o'connor is a she,
not a he...

that being said, i would probably recommend starting off with 'a good man
is hard to find' which is a wonderful compilation of her short stories. it
will give you a great introduction to her writing.

and just my two cents on the modesty discussion... i too believe that what
you can't see is more enticing than what you can see. i was sort of
obsessed with a girl i knew in college who was on the volleyball team. i
used to go to games just to sit back and look at the section of her calf
between the top of her socks and the bottom of her kneepads... i know, that
sounds demented... ok, it IS demented. but seeing that little slice of what
i thought was heaven did more for me than seeing her in a florescent bikini
ever could have.

ok, now that i've scared everyone, i think it's time for me to jump back in
the shadows for a while.

bye for now,
eric.

nr: franny & zooey | jd salinger