Re: good reads

--- "J. Marie Hall" <j_marie_hall at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Since we're talking about books:  I recently read
> Wendy Shalit's "A Return
> to Modesty."  It was so interesting! ...This 23
> year old presents some
> of the most alluring justifications for modesty.

I heard an interview with her on NPR several weeks ago. I have to say,
from my humble male point of view, that modesty is often more alluring
to me than the typical "flesh-o-rama" style of dress. From a sexual
point of view, seeing lots of skin certainly can be arousing, but when
I see an attractive woman in a nicely fitted dress a la 1930s there is
something much more erotic and appealing to me.

There is a fine (and almost lost) art to dressing "modestly" and
"erotically" at the same time. Maybe that's why I consider myself a
modern Victorian to various degrees. There's something to be said about
the imagination of a hopeless romantic...

Typing from work--hey, I can *do* that now?!

bink