Re: @ Peter Mulvey

In a message dated 5/26/99 12:24:20 PM, Jaharnish2 wrote:

>aurora borealis is a phenomenal song, the guitar work rising and falling,
>spiraling in and out like breathing. above this he spins his web of a boy
>that he and his wife had taken in for awhile, until that boy and the man's
>wife "started makin' eyes" - all through the song i wondered on if this
>boy was Peter himself. i believe he could've been.

You know, I've been listening to this piece for three years, and that never
occured to me.

I read an interesting interview with Peter from PeterMulvey.com. It was done
in 96, after this album came out. I hadn't been aware that he was a theatre
major in college! I knew I liked that guy for a reason! Anyway, I think
that's where a lot of his ease with storytelling comes from.

But I could be wrong.