@@@@@@@@ nope, no OTR content in this post either.

Mike saez:

> An example of a great, yet violent, movie, is Sling Blade. Here, the
> final "murder" of the brutal boyfriend is not only cathartic, but
> rich with troubling questions about its own necessity, about the
> immensely humane (ironically) mind of the killer. Here, we have an
> act of violence presented as the only defense against an evil so
> insidous and beyond the reach of law that we are puzzled by our need
> to approve the killing in spite of its legal status as a murder. By
> reflecting on the moral puzzle of this movie, we are stretched and
> challenged to think about moral problems in new ways.

Slingblade sucks
BB Thornton sucks

Just because you can act retarded doesn't make you an "act-or."
And he isn't even believable as retarded--except he *looks* retarded.

Personally, I think he should have stayed in films like Chopper Chicks
in Zombietown.  And yes, that *is* a movie--and yes, BBT *is* in it!

> rich with troubling questions

No offense, but LOL!!!!!!

I'll tell ya something that's rich with troubling questions.  BBT is
slated to direct the film version of Cormack McCarthy's georgous novel,
"All the Pretty Horses."

<shakes head and quietly logs off computer>

over and out,

Mark