Re: OTR web site

>Features will [hopefully] include the complete discography with
>short sound excerpts, a full product catalog with online ordering
>capabilities, all CD lyrics, images, and liner notes, a timeline/history/FAQ
>of the band, current news, concert schedule, and a bunch of other stuff.

This is all essential to an "official" site (possibly excluding the "bunch of
other stuff" <g>).

>Also under consideration is a members-only (fan club) section with
>merchandise specials, monthly giveaways, song chords, MP3 files
>of demos and out takes, and occasional online chats with band members.

No problem with that.

>Questions:
>1. What type of things would keep you (as a discussion list participant)
>     visiting the site on a regular basis?

Updated REGULARLY.  I don't even care if it's every week, but at least have
schedule of some kind.  Nothing is more annoying than going to a site, waiting for
it to load, looking around and finding that it's exactly the same as it was the
last time you were there.

>2. What on the site would help first time visitors? (We're aiming for
>     the upcoming Junkies tour.)

Sound clips, sound clips, and sound clips.  Also, I know a lot of people who will
order online with a credit card in a second, but they *won't* take the time to
pick up the phone and call in an order (or, God forbid, send a check or
money-order via snail mail).

>3. Do you know of other band sites that are especially well done?

The Violet Burning (www.thevioletburning.com) has an excellent website, and, as
you've seen echoed in other posts, band participation is a big, big plus.  It's
nice to get online and read the thoughts, news, etc. about your favorite band.

Hell, even *little* stuff (like, "Hey, we bought a new box of picks today, and
they're all green-spackled") is exciting.  That's the kind of stuff I dig.

Paul Christian Glenn      |  "Besides being complicated,
trance at radiks_net         |  reality, in my experience, is
http://x-real.firinn.org  |  usually odd."  - C.S. Lewis

Now Reading: "The Two Towers" by J.R.R. Tolkien