Re: OTR web site

Eric King writes:

> To all:
> Linford, Stacie, and myself are developing the new Over The Rhine
> web site.

Well, first of all, who is Eric King. I have never heard the name
before.
Secondly, what url will be used since we already have an
"overtherhine.com" (?)  Will this domain name be donated to the cause?
Where does that leave the Jeff Klaum site that has been there for the
last few months?

These just seem like a coupla good inventory questions for starters...

And I do have a suggestion.  I have been working on a website for a
while--I just haven't put the html together.

First, I think this page, or the bulk of it, should be done in Linford's
hand writing.  This has become part of the ambiance of over the rhine.
I have scanned a few pieces of text in, and it looks great, I just
haven't had time to scan everything in.

Second.  I think an actual "scampering rat" via gif format would be a
very nice addition.  I'm offering this now because I'm convinced that I
won't have the experience to make one anytime soon.

Third, The vol site has a link to Amazon.com on a list of books that
Bill has read.  This is a great idea.  I was actually going to interview
Linford and get an updated list of books that he's read, but why stop
there?  I can see a band  member page where there's a list of their
favourite authors, musicians etc.  The page could link to Amazon, CDNOW
etc. These companies actually pay the referring site for their
referrals.  It might not be a lot of money, but it would be *some*
money.

What would keep me coming back?  A good, regularly updated site.  I
personally love the idea of a members only domain where we get a new
*live* song every month or so.  I mean this would be easy--they tape
every single show they do.  I would even pay for a good quality MP3 on a
regular basis.  Is this what Linford meant when he said the record
industry was changing?

I also think first time viewers to a web page would be sucked in by
great design. You can't beat a well planned page.

This isn't a music page, but I have recently fallen in love with Audi's
web page.  It's gorgeous, user friendly, and pretty innovative IMHO.  go
to the new TT page--it's great!
http://www.audi-tt.com/tt-event/normal.html   It's shockwave driven, but
go get shockwave if you don't have it!

That's all for now.  finals ya know...