Re: meeting Bill Melonee...

> I like them, by the way.  they've got some of that
> rumpled honesty that makes me think of peeling paint
> on a screen door.  can't figure out the visual
> association.  just know that they've got a gritty kind
> of living about them that I appreciate greatly.

You (and others) are moving me to consider my reluctance to wait and meet
the band.

What's the tradeoff?  Swallow the lump and start a relationship, or remain
in stasis, desperately clutching your liner notes to your breast?

I bet Bill Mallonee will be a gracious and intelligent conversationalist.
But even if not, the performer/audience anonymity will cover over (in
memory) any grumpy exchange that may occur.  I can't wait to try.

Mr. Mallonee writes about the killing of the spirit:

"You make your smile a different way to cry
 When the truth they're all selling you
 Is just another fine lie.

 The candles on the inside,
 They are flickering out
 With the flame they don't tell you about."

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: