Re: STWLORML & GA (No OTR)

> Hello everyone!
>
> I saw this info on Tom Waits  the MTV news page and thought I'd share, since
> I've noticed quite a presence of the S.T.W.L.O.R.M.L. as of late  :-P
>
> Also, I'm heading off to Savannah Georgia for a conference on Friday.  I've
> never been there, and I've got all day Sunday to explore!  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Dawn

Savannah Georgia is where I WAS for three years.  Do you want me to arrange
for friends to show you around town?  I'm not saying I can definately do it,
but...

Places to go:

1- Devin Micheals.  It's a pub.  It's what would happen if there was an
Irish pub that was chosen as the hang out of choice by very friendly
Latin's.  That's what it is.  It's great.  If you go there, you have to tell
the owner that Brian Gardner said hello.  Also add that Brian Gardner said
that if you said this he would give you a free drink.  Print this message
out and give it to him, if you like.  He will press the issue in good fun,
but he's about the best person I've ever met.  Tell him I miss him.

2- Club One.  It's a gay bar.  It's where Lady Chablis is from (of "Midnight
in the _Gardner_ of Good and Evil" fame).  They have a kick ass sound
system, and on Thursday nights they have an okay Goth night.  You won't be
there for that though, so just go upstairs and check out the divas.  If you
go here, you must tell Jodi that I still love her.  That I miss her very
much, and that there's ABSOLUTELY no one in Pittsburgh for a straight guy to
flirt with.

3- There is an Irish Pub on River Street.  For the most part River Street is
a tourist attraction and hellish, but this place books the BEST traditional
irish singers.  They also have pot pie to die for.  Drinks are extravegantly
priced though.

4- If it's still around, Stoogies is a cigar bar with a taste for the wierd.
We all used to hang their in our ratty suits and poke fun at their richer
clientel.  Brian is the owner.  Do the same thing with him that you did with
Micheal, and you'll probably also get a free drink.  I remember for my B-Day
the bartender gave me a free shot or two of $12 per shot Taquelia.  That was
a b-day, let me tell you what!

5- The Savannah Coffee house is ok.  If you must have coffee, go there.

--
"If you can write something like this and you kill yourself, people won't
have anything to read.  It's selfish"

-Safirstein (Waterworks)