Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

hi.

that nice Mark said,
>  Maybe we should take up a collection and
>send you to all the shows as the official concert reviewer!

at age 38 i figure out what i wanna do when i grow up!

>you asked:
>

>> 6. next song, i should know this because i'm so old,  is ~i think~ a
byrds
>> cover.  the chorus goes,  "i was so much older then, i'm younger than
that
>> now"  and it was jangly sounding,  so i'm gonna bet my nickel that it was
>> the Byrds.  binkybuddy chime in here:  this is your field, help me out of
>> this jam i'm in, please.
>
>They've been doing two Dylan songs:  "My Back Pages", and "All along the
>watchtower"-- I'm not that *farm animal* with either, but could it be
>MBP?

evidently it was.  oh, look, he picked up on my cute little "farmanimal"
word.  thanks!

>> 8.  Bill introduces the song "to the roof of the sky" by telling us that
>> it;s based on his reading an account of the 1930's ascent of Mt. Everest
>> his son,  and how the climber did it "because it was there"  and how he
died
>> on the trip up.
>
>This song was one that really didn't manifest for me until the May first
>discovery Of George Mallory's body frozen into Mt Everst.  Now that I
>have read up on it and know the story, the song gives me chills.  Bill
>is probably one of the best songwriters we have today!

he seems to have a good combination of intelligence, education, memory,
compassion, and talent,  so it works out into some cool tunes.  (feeling
like i understated the case here somewhat.)

thanks for the clarifications.  surely they helped out the other VoL fans on
this list.

jg